Benefits for an apprentice, include:
- Apprentices participating in an apprenticeship programme are typically more engaged in their learning and develop a better work ethic and more skills and abilities. These apprentices later become more dedicated employees and involved community members.
- Improved skills and competencies that meet the specific needs of the employer
- Incremental wage increases as their skills improve
- On-the-job training and occupation focused education
- Career advancement
- Industry issued, nationally recognized certification
- Articulation agreements between certain apprenticeship training programs and colleges that can create opportunities for college credits and future degrees.