Work Permits & PR
During COVID-19, WORC will accept applications via email and process them under new measures. Businesses or individuals who are applying for work permits will need to demonstrate the need and the ability to engage the employment of the worker given the current shelter in place provisions. Preference will be given to essential workers needed.
Click to download the form needed:
- Work Permit Renewal
- Work Permit Grant
- RERC-Persons Married to a Caymanian
- Temporary Work Permit
- Permission to Continue Working
- Amendment to an Employment Circumstance
- Work Permit Cancellation
- Permanent Residency 8+ year (only for persons whose final permit is expiring within a window of 30 days upon submission).
- Work Permit Amendment/Variation to Add or Remove Dependants
- Refunds and Payments by Direct Deposit Request
- Annual Declaration Forms
- 2019 Fees Schedule Immigration Regulations (2019 Revision)
- Agent Authorisation Form and Guidance Notes
- Employer's Declaration Form
- Advertising Waiver Form
Submission of the following documents are not required during this COVID-19 period:
*The relaxation of these requirements extends for only as long as the Shelter in Place restrictions are in effect.
- Medical Questionnaire inclusive of X-ray and Lab reports
- Police Clearance Certificates
- Cover Letter
- Accommodation form
All application submissions must include confirmation of payment via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). No application will be processed unless payment via EFT has been received. At the time of submitting your application, the filing fee, application category fee and all other supporting fees must be paid.
For Work Permit Grants or Renewals, advertisements will be required to be posted on the JobsCayman online portal. Registration will be required before posting job ads. Visit the home page of this site for registration assistance.
Work permit anniversary payments and Permanent Resident (PR) anniversary payments will also be accepted and can be paid using Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Guide (click here).
Refunds given by direct deposit is preferred but collecting a check is still available, however, please note that given the Sheltering In Place order in effect, collecting a check option will be a delayed process. Checks are only printed once weekly and the window for pickup is 9am to 1pm Mondays through Fridays at the Government Administration Building on Elgin Ave.
Click here for the Refunds by Direct Deposit Form
Updated as of 1 July 2020